If you are looking to contact The Outcry Ensemble the easiest way is via email. Please don’t hesitate to write to us using the following address:
Development Consultant job:
The Outcry Ensemble are looking to recruit a part-time Development Consultant (0.2 FTE, with flexibility to explore other arrangements) to grow the financial sustainability of the charity and to enable a step-change our programming to accelerate the development opportunities of the Ensemble’s young musicians.
Looking to the future, the Outcry Ensemble finds itself at a juncture, where opportunities for young musicians in the UK are required now, more than ever, to help them on their careers and to ensure a healthy future for the arts in the UK. Outcry is looking to expand the breadth and depth of its programming, recommitting to staging an ambitious calendar of performances, and deepening its charitable mission to improve musical education and development for young people.
This exciting opportunity will enable the Ensemble to grow in stature, expand programming, and to increase its impact in attracting, educating, and supporting the development of the next generation classical musicians in the UK.
The Outcry Ensemble is looking to recruit a development consultant (0.2 FTE – with some flexibility) on an initial contract of 6 months, to help increase and diversify the Ensemble’s fundraising income. Working closely with the Founder, James Henshaw, and a dedicated and committed board of Trustees, the consultant will help scope and deliver a fundraising programme that will increase the turnover and supporter base of the charity. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a committed and proactive opportunity to make an impact in the arts, with the ability to work flexibly and have a real impact on the future of the organisation.
- To raise money for the Outcry Ensemble through face-to-face fundraising, virtual meetings, trusts and foundations, and initiatives to increase philanthropic revenue from concerts;
- To secure 4 and 5 figure gifts from individuals in support of the orchestra’s future programming and general running costs;
- To identify and recruit 2-3 new Trustees to act as a keystone donors for the Ensemble and to help broaden the portfolio of talents in the organisation’s governance;
- To meet with, guide, and work with the Trustees in engaging donors;
- To keep records of interactions up-to-date in the Ensemble’s fundraising database;
- To help the Founder and Trustees with future fundraising strategy and initiatives.
- Independent self-starter, with initiative, tact, discretion, and an interest in music and the arts (Essential)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (essential)
- Experience in fundraising (essential)
- Experience of fundraising in higher education, music or the arts (desirable)
- Competent with Google docs, IT literate (essential)
- The ideal candidate will have contacts in the classical music world who would be prospective donors. Experience in fundraising within a classical music context is highly desirable.
Terms and Conditions
The contract is envisioned to be an initial 6 month placing, at 0.2 FTE, with a salary of £3,000 (equivalent of £36,000 pa). There is scope to alter the exact timings and scope of the role, depending on the availability of candidates and their working patterns. Outcry will be open to reviewing the position and creating a longer term-opportunity during the period of this contract.
The Outcry Ensemble was dedicated to providing opportunities for musicians from a diverse range of backgrounds; it is dedicated to providing the same opportunities for this position too. Benefits include the support of its warm and engaged founder, access to performances for a wide range of classical work, and professional support and development from the Charity’s trustees (including its fundraising trustee, Peter O’Connor).
Any successful candidate must have proof of right to work in the UK.
For informal enquiries or further information, please contact Founder James Henshaw – email@example.com – who will be delighted to speak with interested candidates ahead of application. All candidates wishing to apply should send an up-to-date curriculum vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates who are taken forward will be interviewed within 2 weeks of receipt of application. Applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis.